Dress a Girl – Dress a Dude – Days for Girls
|Dec 3, 2016||10:00am - 2:00pm||Bayside Church - Granite Bay STE 140||Free|
Dress A Girl Around the World has created over 300,000 pillowcase dresses and distributed them to 80 countries over the past seven years. Most of the dresses make the journey in suitcases to missionaries, orphanages and on mission trips in an effort to help protect little girls. The local Northern California chapter started in 2010, sewing more than 14,000 dresses and reaching 35 countries.
Why not join this incredible team and lend a hand with the Sew Fest crew! Whether you sew or not, there is a place for you to get involved with this ministry! There’s cutting, ironing, organizing, surging, sewing, folding, oh my! If you plan to sew, please bring your sewing machine, serger, scissors, etc. If you don’t sew, but have an iron and ironing board; we need them! There is lots of ironing happening at the Sew Fest.
We love to snack! Volunteers are encouraged to bring a non-gooey, drippy, greasy snack to share with the group.
DRESS A GIRL (Sewing dresses for little girls)
- NEW Pillowcases Only
- NO microfiber, no white or white backgrounds, please
- NO see-through textiles or sheets
- NO cartoon character textiles
Fabric / Material
- At 3/4 yard, 44 inches wide (COTTON)
DAYS FOR GIRLS
- Pre-washed cotton flannel fabric (all quantities) (DARK)
- Pre-washed cotton fabric (all quantities)
- Girls Underwear, size 4-16 (NO WHITE)
- Ziplock Freezer Bags (no zipper slider, one-gallon size)
- Washcloths (DARKER COLORS)
DRESS A DUDE
Fabric / Material
- Need some boy textiles (all quantities)
- New T-Shirts, Sizes 3- 12
More information & questions?
Susan Bushell, Bayside Dress a Girl Coordinator at email@example.com
Check out our facebook page!